Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, and if you’re parenting a toddler you know how exciting any holiday can be for the little ones. With that in mind, what better way to keep toddler behavior in check than by planning some fun, themed activities? We’ve put together a list of entertaining Valentine’s crafts for toddlers; projects that will keep tiny fingers (and minds!) occupied. Here are 15 of our favorite easy heart crafts for toddlers.
1. Decorate a mantel with sticky pom pom hearts garland. See how on Fun Littles.
2. Make a memorable keepsake—a salt dough handprint ornament. There’s an easy tutorial on The Best Ideas for Kids.
3. Use a cotton ball to create a cute heart-shaped canvas painting. Visit Sunshine Whispers for full instructions.
4. What kid doesn’t love little animals that waddle?!? Collect some construction paper and make a paper heart penguin craft. See how on Crafty Morning.
5. Create an adorable heart-shaped bird feeder with birdseed, cookie cutters and ribbon! Visit Wine and Glue for Instructions.
6. Make a super easy heart wreath to hang around the house. There’s a tutorial on The Spruce.
7. Make a rainbow heart suncatcher with tissue paper and glue. Fireflies + Mudpies has the full tutorial, along with free printables!
8. Use cookie cutters for some fun, Valentine’s-themed painting. Hands On as We Grow has the full tutorial.
9. Have a little science fun by making some Valentine’s Day heart slime. The recipe’s on Little Bins for Little Hands.
10. Make a fun sensory glitter jar that kids of all ages will enjoy. The tutorial’s on Fun-a Day.
11. Recycle and reuse your toilet paper rolls with this cute toilet paper roll butterfly craft. The Resourceful Mama has all the details.
12. Get active with some heart hopscotch. Toddler Approved shows you how.
13. Put together some silly heart puppets and have a puppet show! Creative Family Fun tells you how.
14. Decorate your house with fun valentine’s windsocks. See how on Non-Toy Gifts.
15. Celebrate your little love bug with a heart caterpillar craft. You can find instructions on The Chirping Moms.
Do you have any fun activities for toddlers to recommend this Valentine’s Day? We’d love to hear how you celebrate with the kiddos—just let us know in the comments!