What does St. Patrick’s Day mean to you? Little leprechauns, shamrock necklaces, and green t-shirts may be some of the first things that come to mind. But there’s so much more to this fun holiday. If you’re parenting a toddler, you know that kids love to celebrate. And there’s something really festive about St. Patrick’s Day! From rainbows to pots of gold, there are so many opportunities for kids and adults of all ages to get into the spirit.
We’ve got some fun St. Patrick’s Day activities and crafts for toddlers—things that will keep small hands and minds busy for the whole day. Which ones will you try with your littles?
1. Make some green lucky pancakes. Crafty morning has the recipe!
2. Make (and paint!) a cute shamrock hat out of a paper place. Find the full tutorial at Alpha Mom.
3. Make your house festive with this (easy!) rainbow paper plate twirler. See how on Crafty Morning.
4. Amaze your kids and with a beautiful rainbow in a jar—it’s easy enough that all ages can participate. Find the full experiment at Playdough to Plato.
5. Whip up some sparkly green play dough for sensory fun—this recipe uses lime Jell-O! Plain Vanilla Mom has the full tutorial.
6. Celebrate everything green with special shamrock slime. As the Bunny Hops has easy instructions.
7. Make a shamrock sun catcher and enjoy the spring sunshine. Find out how at There’s Just One Mommy.
8. Have some fun with science and grow shamrock crystals. Housing a Forest tells you how.
9. Grow a sprout garden on shamrock-shaped sponges. See the full tutorial at Housing a Forest.
10. See how colored water travels by creating a walking water rainbow. Find the experiment at The Stem Laboratory.
11. Recycle leftover toilet paper rolls with these adorable toilet paper roll leprechauns. See the full tutorial at Crafts by Courtney.
12. Make magic shamrocks that reveal treasures as they dissolve! The fun is in creating them and discovering what’s inside. Get the full tutorial at Growing a Jeweled Rose.
13. Practice fine motor skills with some 3D spring rainbow art. See how at One Time Through.
14. DIY a rainbow pasta necklace the kiddos can wear. Mommy’s Bundle has instructions.
15. Get the kids moving with a fun rainbow treasure hunt. Find the printable and instructions at A Little Delightful.
How will you be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with your kids? We’d love to hear what you have in the works. Let us know in the comments!